There is no mistaking Leesa’s passion when discussing formulation and the creation of makeup and beauty brands.
Her eyes light up with excitement as she talks about new ingredients she is researching. Information flows, and we are in awe and with newfound respect. Her authenticity and knowledge are abundant, and Leesa’s adoration for her craft and passion is contagious.
She is as intelligent as she is beautiful, with qualifications to prove it. Leesa is a Cosmetic Chemist who also holds a Diploma of applied science. She has unique expertise within the world of sterile laboratories and white lab coats.
She calls it her “secret weapon”, as she points out that there are not many chemists with her hands-on experience. A resume boasting over 20 years as a Beauty Therapist and Makeup Artist, not to mention her years spent as a Hairdresser before that. It’s the perfect combination for formulation prowess.
Leesa draws on her years of working within the beauty industry and her understanding of the science and chemistry needed to create incredible products.
- Is a Sagittarius
- Does not drink (well mostly)
- Is obsessed with Formula One Racing
- Preferes almond milk latte with one sugar
- Has 3 children, 2 cats and a very old dog
- The Queensland Champion for High Jump (1990)
- The Australian track relay team (1990)
- The Harbour Festival Queen (1998)
- Miss Indie (1999)
- The Australian surf life titles 2003 (Surf Boats)
- Is really bad at Karaoke
- Has been skydiving
- Enjoys interior design
- Is a bit of a history buff
- Loves spending time with her family
- Cert IV in Hairdressing
- Diploma of Applied Science
- Diploma of Beauty Therapy
- Advanced Certificate of Makeup Artistry
- Cert IV Workplace Assessor Trainer
- Cosmetic Formulation
- Diploma of personal care formulation
- Certificate of colour cosmetic formulation
- Australian Society of Cosmetic Chemists (ASCC)