Meet our founder
With over 20 years experience as a makeup artist - not to mention her years spent as a hairdresser before that with an on-going commitment to furthering her knowledge and is a Cosmetic Chemist - Leesa Barr lives and breathes all things beauty. She loves to find the gaps in her industry and turn them into opportunities.
Having three children herself Leesa knows how difficult it is to find the time and completely understands "Mum Guilt". This is what led her to the creation of LEESA BARR MAKEUP.
LEESA BARR MAKEUP is not only a time saving, skin nourishing, 100% socially responsible, Professional Makeup Brand it is also a vehicle to engage, encourage & create opportunities for like-minded women in business who have interest in becoming entrepreneurs themselves. Que the all-new LEESA BARR ACADEMY which is currently taking enrolments.
Leesa has poured her heart, soul and - of course - all of her knowledge into her brand and gorgeous products. She's so grateful to the loyal followers who wear LEESA BARR MAKEUP and the businesses she has coached through her selfless mentoring.
LEESA BARR MAKEUP is on it's way to becoming an international brand with orders going out to Canada, America and enquiries from London. In 2019 LEESA BARR won a Silver award at the nationally recognised Australian Ausmumpreneur Awards in the National Hair and Beauty category and recently she has been accepted into the prestigious Australian Society of Cosmetic Chemists.
If this is not amazing enough, Leesa is in the process of a new business called Unicorn Sparkles, which you can visit here www.unicornsparkles.com.au with her daughter Chanel. A business that is all about imagination & sparkles including biodegradable glitter, makeup for children, face paint, bright colours and festival face gems.
Leesa's Qualifications include:
- Cert IV in HairDressing
- Diploma of Applied Science
- Diploma of Beauty Therapy
- Certificate of Makeup Artistry
- Cert IV Work Place Assessor Trainer
- Cosmetic Formulator
Leesa is also a member of the:
- Australian Society of Cosmetic Chemists (ASCC)
- Is a Sagittarius
- Does not drink (well mostly)
- Likes to watch re-runs of Outlander and Vampire Diaries on Netflix
- Coffee preference is Almond latte with one sugar
- Has 3 children, 2 cat's and a very old dog
- The Queensland Champion for High Jump (1990)
- Was in the Australian track relay team (1990)
- The Harbour Festival Queen (1998)
- Miss Indie (1999)
- Rowed Surf Boats (Competed in the Australian titles 2003)
- Is really bad at Karaoke
- has been sky diving
- Is a fierce competitor of "Cards Against Humanity"
- loves interior design
- Is a bit of a history buff
- Loves spending time with her family